Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Mystery of the Rebellious Robot

One of my most treasured Star Wars possessions from when I was a kid is a book at aimed young reader's published in 1979 by Armada / Random House.

"The Mystery of the Rebellious Robot" was one of three Star Wars children's storybooks released that year. The other books were "The Wookie Storybook" and "The Maverick Moon" - sadly I had neither of these books and apart from pictures on the Internet, I've never seen them either.



In this story R2-D2 malfunctions, and nearly destroys the Millennium Falcon and then other rebel droids start malfunctioning too.

I like to think that my copy is in pretty decent condition - surprising really as I often scribbled on my books! I guess as it was a Star Wars book it was saved that fate.

Prices do vary on the book. Anything from a few pound for a poor condition to £100+ for a near new condition copy. I'll make sure I keep mine in good nick!




I updated this article in light of the latest mischievous droid, BB-8. I was thinking that a BB-8 adventure book would be a good idea. Of course, not ones to miss out on a marketing opportunity, Disney already have lots of BB-8 related merchandise, including many books already. Here's a few for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment