Sunday 30 September 2012

Star Wars Vintage and Modern Bedding

Covering the Star Wars Galaxy at bed-time

Here's my Star Wars blanket from when I was youngster. I think my parents got this for me around 1980, and they then got an Empire Stikes back pillow case too. I honestly don't use these anymore!


There's a lot going on the blanket. Landspeeders along the bottom,  Mos Eisley, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C3P0, R2D2, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia, plus X-Wings and Tie-fighters involved in dog-fight battle. Pretty cool Star Wars artefact for a 40+ year old blanket!

I think these blankets were made by Bibb in the U.S. (I'll have to dig my one out again some time to check manufacturer). I think it originally came with a matching pillow case too (sadly I don't seem to have this - might have to go digging through my parents' cupboard's to see if I can find it).


Above and below, front and back of my "Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back" pillow. Baddies including Darth Vader, Stormtroopers and Boba Fett on one side, and the Rebellion heroes on the other side.


Does this bedding have some padding in the value?

Although it's possible the blanket may have been from a set, I'm confident even on it's own it would fetch a three figure sum. There are are very few examples out there to go on, so this is just a hunch.

I think the ESB pillowcase would probably be worth in the region of £30-50 at the moment (perhaps higher if the right motivated buyer comes along), though as usual it can go for a lot less (especially if the condition is not good). FYI, my pillow case is in good nick, so it's the upper end valuation for me.


Looking for Star Wars bedding to buy? Then click here now!

Like father, like sons...Both my boys have Star Wars duvets. See below.





No comments:

Post a Comment