Sunday 30 September 2012

Star Wars - Galaxy Empire

GALAXY EMPIRE FIGURES: Not Star Wars but definitely Star Wars

Here's a couple of Star Wars figures I picked up at funfairs or amusement arcades (probably in Great Yarmouth) in the late 1990s/early 00's.

The "Galaxy Empire" figures were of course Star Wars bootlegs. I only got Boba Fett and a Stormtrooper at the time, however, I could've picked up more, and wish I had. As they were so clearly bootlegs of Star Wars figures I didn't think they would have some value, otherwise they would've stayed carded!

These will feature in the collections of serious Star Wars collectors. It's a shame my Stormtrooper has a touch of yellowing on his torso.

Galaxy Empire - Boba Fett

Galaxy Empire - Stormtrooper

The Galaxy Empire range included bootleg versions of Darth Vader, Chewbacca (I've seen a couple of Chewie versions, including one with an eye patch!), Luke Skywalker and Han Solo.

Whilst these figures are collectable, don't expect to sell for much. Loose figures are just a few pounds each, and carded figures go for anything between £5 to £20.

EDIT: Whilst recently updating this article, I accidentally wrote Galaxy's Edge a couple of times! I wonder if whoever named this land at Disney's Hollywood Studios had these similarly named figures in mind at the time. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment